This defense tower, ancestral home of the Kirkpatrick family since 1232 when the lands were granted to Ivone de Kirkpatick by Alexander II, is the oldest inhabited tower house in Scotland. Owned by the Kirkpatrick family for centuries the state was sold out of the family in 1783 by James Kirkpatrick to Reverend James Stuart-Menteth, until 1981 when Luis Kirkpatrick brought the Castle back to the family. His son Patricio is the owner currently.
The Castle is 14 metres by 10 metres (46ft by 33ft) and rises 15 metres (52ft) to the top. The walls are 3 metres (10ft) wide reduced to 2 metres (6ft) further up.
It´s not possible to pay by card.
Only cash payments for tours or souvenirs.
Bank transfer available for UK account holders.
Copyright @ All Rights Reserved